Ridiculous. You can tell it's getting close for me to leave since my room is an explosion of art, college and everything else right now. On the bright side, however, I ran errands today and managed to accumulate 8 pairs of awesome capris (yes!) and a number of tops for the trip as well as some cute ones for work in Chicago. 18 items under $100. Have you ever heard me sing the praises of Salvation Army's Thrift Shops? This is one of those (numerous...) times. Amazing. I am debating right now whether or not I'll leave any of my stuff in Ghana- clothing, shampoo, etc.- and I'm not quite sure yet. I think I'll decide that when I'm actually down there and whether or not I will be able to find someone that can use it. My gut says to leave things, but we will just have to see! I have also been thinking about taking down some art supplies that I know I don't have much use for anymore. Who doesn't need art supplies?!? I may be biased, but I'm pretty sure everyone likes to color.
On a bright note, I also found out from my dentist that I am still cavity-free. Huzzah! 21 years and counting...
Additionally, I wanted to share with you another component of our research project. We will be performing some research using a method called Photovoice where we instruct our subjects on how to use cameras and teach them how to construct photos that represent thoughts, feelings, and even their day to day living situations. They will return the cameras to our group, we will print their images, and then they will discuss them with members of our group and explain what the images mean to them. I cannot wait for this part of the project. Employing a research method such as Photovoice intensifies the emotional component of our project. I am more excited than anything to find out more about these girls, but am also more than a little curious to see what kind of an impact our group will have on them. Only time will tell....
Tomorrow should be a busy day- call Apple Care to see if they will give me a shortcode with which to fix my slowly dying laptop, call Delta & KLM to confirm flight times and seats on the planes (4 of them!) and set up frequent flyer miles with both of them... caddy @ Men's League at OHCC (maybe?) ...and still keep unpacking and doing more and more laundry. The goal is to be completely unpacked and organized by Wed, so I can pack for Ghana on Thurs and begin packing for Chicago. Crazy crazy stuff! Oh, by the way, if you are confused as to why I need to pack for Chicago, it's because I'm moving there the day after I return from Ghana. Whoa. Yep, I'm interning there again for the summer! So I will be in Chicago from June 8- mid-August.
I'm so excited. This summer is going to be crazy busy, but great.
:D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
dear Jweb.
ReplyDeleteI want to come visit you in Chitown this summer.
considering I haven't seen you in FOREVER. I trust out friendship will pick up where it ended.. and frankly Chicago is amazing, and if it takes the excuse of an old friend to get me there then so be it :)
Lex